3rd year BDSc in one word: EXHAUSTING!
We started intensive training period in Feb, which basically meant labs & lectures everyday.
Highlights: practicing rubber dam, LA injections on each other, seeing everyone again, Taylor Swift concert, Chinese New Year shenanigans, Pub Crawl!, Camp
Lowlights: prosthodontics preclinics - enjoyable, but so frustrating to get it right! plus I burnt myself with periphery wax in the FIRST session. ><
Death: three 8ams, some days were just pure TIRING, occlusion lectures (*HUH*)
Then March came too soon, and Uni was back in full-swing (as if Feb wasn't full-swing enough!!!!!).
Highlights: REAL PATIENTS!!, trying out Hypoxi-workout, Aa Disorientation Party (with my favourtiest people of all time!), Carolyn's Dinner Party, Steffie's Bday Dinner Party by Chris, playing with Willow/Dog in the park with Hendrix, Keith, Simone & Ariel, running around the city with Kech looking for Steffie's present, Kech risking his life to teach me how to drive, good times with people in general
Death: FIVE 8ams, EVERYDAY is pure TIRING, med lectures, pharm lectures, bloody PUTM again, information overload everyday, no time to catch up with lectures - always falling behind.
There's so much going on - academically & socially! I'm struggling to keep up already!! So much to look forward to (eg: Lady Gaga concert!!!!!!!), I really hope I have the energy to enjoy it all.
But all in all, I've never been happier! I mean, sure I would love it more if we had less to do and more time to just enjoy ourselves.. but despite all the hard work & long hours, I'm really enjoying myself.
I love that I'm now better friends with a lot of people I never thought I'd get the chance to speak to. I love my group of friends even more after all the things we've been thru together from last year to date. I'm so lucky to have people (even those I'm not that close to) look after me when I need to be taken care of. I love going to clinic and seeing patients or helping to DA. I like feeling that all the dent students are on one team, helping each other out. =)
I can feel change happening. I can SEE change happening. And this time, I've got a really good feeling about it. It's a good sorta change. So I gotta be FEARLESS, embrace it, enjoy it..and ride on its wings!
I know 2010 has got so much to offer, I have a feeling I'm gonna learn more than I've ever learnt in all aspects of life - and I'm excited about it!! So, look out 2010, HERE I COME =)
No comments:
Post a Comment