Friday, November 21, 2008

Capacity

Had my Anatomy exam on Monday, and Histology & Embryology on Thursday followed by the H&E Prac Exam on Friday (today). During the week break between Dent Practice and Anatomy, I didn't even bother thinking abt H&E, because I felt really slack and Anatomy is just SO much!!
Anyhoo, after Anatomy, I had no mood to study (clearly) so I took that day off and started studying midday Tuesday for H&E. I have to say, I wasn't very motivated and concentration wasn't my forte that day!

Started to get stressed for the exam around midnight, so I crammed till 3am then went to bed. Next day woke up at midday again, and seriously CRAMMED my way to 4am on Thursday (exam day). Slept till 1pm, woke up and wasn't feeling confident about the exam at all!

Got into the exam during reading time and browsed through the questions. Surprisingly, THEY WEREN'T TOO BAD! I mean, I could remember stuff!! And as I wrote, more and more came out.. It was just mind-blowing. I remembered those pharyngeal arches/pouches/clefts and it just FLOODED in.

Spent the day hanging out with friends after the exam then watched Gossip Girl, 90210 and OTH online till 1am. THEN, i finally got down to studying for the prac exam-looking at pictures etc. Slept at 4am again, woke up at 9am and went to do it. Once again, I was just amazed at how much I could remember from briefly looking at the pictures.

Usually this whole 'memory-work' thing isn't much of a big deal to me. But THIS TIME, if you've had the great privilege of looking at my notes, you'll understand my own amazement.

I am SO amazed and SO thankful for the great capacity of the mind.

*Thank you Ray for helping me revise and pronouncing unnatural words that got you jumbled! I'm sorry the amount of content stressed you out!! Hehe.. :)

No comments: