Sunday, November 9, 2008

Silly Little Things

I've been listening to alot of Westlife for some reason.

Maybe it's cos I know all the words (how strange) to most of their songs..
But everytime I listen to them, there's always this nagging thought of "Mark is GAY." Which is, personally, quite a traumatic thing to think about-I used to be in love with Mark, you know, the stalkerish-"I'll fly to Ireland and marry him one day"-love. Despite having that celeb-crush when I was like..12?? I still can't help but think that MARK IS GAY!!

I dunno, somehow, Westlife used to be the 'good-boy' boyband, Mark being gay just shatters the whole image..So when I listen to them, I always think..it's just NOT right. Esp when listening to songs like "Queen of My Heart".
I mean, QUEEN? excuse me?? more like "MAN of my heart" eww.
Plus the fact that they've now sorta broken up and all...makes it even more "unright"
Who knew listening to Westlife involved so much.. well, reminiscing and THOUGHT??

I used to have this poster in my room (teehee)

But HOLD UP. Everyone who knows me reasonably well (eg: Thomas) would know that I'm a Backstreet Boy fanatic, so what's all this ramble about Westlife? Long story short, I have yet to put my old BSB CD onto my computer. Besides that, Westlife has pretty hot guys, whereas BSB only has ***NICK CARTER*** (sighs..)
Since we're on BSB, I have to say, they're kinda "unright" as well. I mean, one of them got into rehab, they are breaking up too... and Nick (my ex-dream husband) grew fat and dated PARIS HILTON (shockhorror of my life!!).

So like, what happened to the good ol' days?
Where boybands were the total-cool, where clean-shaven blue-eyed blone guys were the dream-man, where music was more about the lyrics with a tasteful tune, where love-songs were more about romance than bang-a-girl/guy-after-clubbing, where previously mentioned dream-men were STRAIGHT?


I demand for the good ol' boybands to come back!! :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have obviously not seen Nick Carter recently. He has lost over 45 lbs, is working out, looking GORGEOUS. Backstreet is on tour supporting their latest album, Unbreakable, and the guys sound great! Check them out.

tubbalicious said...

I wish Hendrix and Sinatra were alive, but like they say eh, can't bring back the dead. And let's face it man, in today's music scene, boy bands are dead.

Neways good luck with the exams.

ailin said...

nimue: are u serious? wow, i cant believe ive lost that much interest in BSB that i dont know that! thank you!

tom: thanks.. good luck to u too!