Wednesday, May 6, 2009

He, She, Me

He will always do more for his friends.
He will take time off for them.
He will put on a smile for everyone else but me.
He will have a conversation, but not with me.
He will let me take a taxi alone at night.
He will have too many things, too little time for me.
He will not kiss me goodbye.
He will not fight for me.

She had the same problem.
She had the courage to put a stop to it.
She has more self-respect than I do.
She has chosen something I have no strength to choose.
She is a stronger person than me.
She is my best friend.

I am waiting for the right time.
I am waiting for the right person.
I am waiting for the feelings to ebb away.
I am waiting for the better times to come.
I am waiting for the strength to end it.
I am sure it will happen.
I am hoping it will all happen soon.


I will endure the unhappiness, take it all with a smile on my face.
Because I know there is a better future.

No comments: