Friday, September 25, 2009

Home Alone

Music Plug: Do you have a dollar? Do you have a dollar for me? Could I be the girl that you met at the coin laundry? - Lisa Mitchell (loovving it!)

FINALLY on the midsem break. Have been trying to catch up on all this work that been piling up to week 8, but somehow this isn't proving to be as productive/effective as it should be. It's probably neuro's fault. Yes it is, because I do 2 neuro lects a day, and it's enough to KILL ME. Bear & Paradiso sucks. They use these little analogies that go on for about 3 paragraphs, so you read along and halfway thru you go, "Um, where's the important bit?" CLEARLY NOT VERY GOOD AT BEING SUCCINCT! They should be fired.

Melissa told me that Kandell is even worse,  so Bear to her is like a nice little bedtime read. And im like WHAAAA...T! I conclude that neuro people are impossible at english/writing good books that make sense.

While I'm on a bitch about neuro... WHY AM I LEARNING IT ANYWAY? Is it going to make me a better dentist? No. Do I need to understand how Hearing and Vision works? No. Will I gain anything from doing this subject? N-to-the-O. You know what's really ironic, we had neuro lectures on "PAIN" and "MOTIVATION". I think people at neuro dept deserve an award for degenerate humour.

Have also been drawing more cells and bones and whatnot for oral anatomy. Somehow find it frustrating cos I know drawing it isnt really helping me absorb any knowledge. So all the time spent shading and tracing is being wasted when i could be studying the actual lecture material. Way to go, dental school.

Anyway, Dent ball was last saturday. LOVED the theme - The Roaring 20s! Everyone dressed up and looked so amazing! Beautiful ladies in lovely dresses and handsome men in their tuxes! :) I think I've got a fascination with being/seeing beautiful people. Hence why I love to watch gossip girl. (NEW SEASON OUT! Loving Serena's jumpsuit outfit!) Back to the ball, I think I had more fun dressing up for it than actually being there hahaha.. Wish the music went on for longer though! OOh! and I also won a clinic-shirt :) And its perfect size for me, yay :) Was going to trade Justtin for his electric toothbrushes until we realised the shirt was for girls.





Day after, groggily went home, had a 2 hr nap (INSUFFICIENT), then Thomas came to pick me up. We went into the city to meet Chloe and Elsa. OMG when parking, the stupid meter can't differentiate b/w $2 and $20. SERIOUSLY. I kept hitting the meter and Thomas was like, "Ai Lin seriously, what are you doing?" I replied, "Well maybe coins will pop out if I hit it hard enough? :)" Sometimes he wonders if I'm perfectly sane... sometimes I wonder that too LOL.

Went to Lindt Cafe with Chloe, Elsa and Tom. Was so much fun. We were making so much noise (as usual), laughing so much! Seriously wesley people are so much fun to hang out with!! I will never find another bunch that just FITS me, I said that in year 9 and to this day it's still true! Went around the city taking touristy (and some slightly illegal?) shots since Chloe came all the way from Ade to visit. Haha, can't wait to see the pics when they come up!!

Next day, had a driving lesson then collected contact lenses, claimed the rebate from medibank, then met up with Abi and the rest of the ISS-melbies @ MC. Another day of touristy-goodness and catching up!! I can't believe Abi is tanner than I am. She's from the UK for goodness sake!!!!!!! I am a shame to the SEA-race. *downcast* It was pretty surreal seeing her. It's been 2+ years and all of a sudden there she is, standing in front of me! PeteD, PeteG, Diana, Rick were there too. So good to see everyone again. I wish we could just relive ISS07... those were the young carefree days!



Following 2 days : stayed at home and somehow managed to get nothing done. :(

Yesterday: Had a driving lesson, bought some groceries, then came home to make pesto. For a newbie, I gotta say my pesto kicks some serious ass. :D Then I had a massive quick spring clean of my room. There were many "Oh so THAT's where that went!" moments. (Sigh, Ai Lin!!) Then Jen came over. We made yummy banana bread and then cooked chicken pesto pasta with mushrooms! It was deeeelicious. Who needs dent/eng when we can cook like this? =P woot!
* have yet to upload pics, but I will soon! *

Not doing much today or tomorrow, then come Sunday, we have decided to go to Silk Road!!! Cos the venue looks amazing and WOOOOOOOO I can't wait :D Music sounds fun too: RnB, HipHop, Retro, MashUps. ITS GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT!!!!

No comments: