Friday, November 16, 2007

YIPEEYA YIPPYAAY

IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

10 exams, 9 down. 1 to go.
It's unbelievable how time flies!

This weekend is Chill Weekend. (since Indo is on Thurs) I just hope guilt won't get the better of me while I'm relaxing!

Spesh Exam2 today wasn't as bad as I expected. Multi-choice was a death-trap, but surprisingly I actually could do the analysis! AND, i graphed on the Argand Plane. I ACTUALLY DID. Yes, "GO ME!!!" and all that.. I absolutely HATE complex numbers with a passion. Like Di said, "who the hell needs complex numbers anyway?!" (uhh, pilots and people who do things with radars..) But heh heh heh, two circles? I can do that.

Vector calculus was a cinch, except for the "angle to runway" thing. WTF? There were some which I really couldn't do, but it's all good! I expected to walk out of this 2hour paper with my dignity in shreds, but it's still very much intact!

Everyone came out with a MASSIVE smile on their faces. Not because the paper was easy, it was actually pretty intense, but because ....
WE'VE COMPLETED A WHOLE YEAR OF
SPECIALIST MATHEMATICS

without going insane (on the brink), killing someone or killing ourselves.

Oh yes, it was a victorious feeling. I couldn't stop smiling; IT'S OVER, IT'S OVER!!!

A whole year of pain and suffering, doing Checkpoints before every SAC, worrying about SACs, making my reference book (which Ms Papp wants LOL).... It was a psychological challenge at times. I've felt like I am absolutely useless in maths, thinking that I should really reconsider my career paths since Science and Maths are somewhat "married" to each other. I've felt so demoralised and stupid... OH the pep talks I had with Ms Papp!

Ms Papp is awesome. She knows exactly what I'm thinking ALL the time. Without those long pep talks she gave me throughout the year, I wouldn't be walking out of that Spesh Exam for sure, since I contemplated dropping Spesh around...May? Even right before the exam, she told me "You will be fine, believe in yourself, and watch your time."


Surprisingly, I only ever listen to her (thou not 100%; O woe the self-doubt!). Everyone else tells me I will be fine, but I never believe them. I just smile while I crumble inside thinking "I'm a complete goner."
Thank you Ms Papp, for everything...and above all, for believing in me.

I'll always remember what she told us:
1) "My dear Spesh kids, YOU ARE THE ELITE."
2) "Excuse me year 8s, make way for ROYALTY"
3) "Level of importance: SPESH.....Methods........................everything else."
4) "It's been a privilege to teach you lot this year"
5) "Spesh is about strength of character and soundness of mind. If you can last till September, you've made it."
6) "Mathematicians are refined Physicists."


It has been a journey to say the least, but it's over. Out of all the exams I've completed, coming out of Spesh gave the most intense feeling of relief. And truth be told, I actually quite enjoyed the Spesh course! I remember this time last year (in year 11) , Chris told me I would enjoy Spesh, I retorted with a "WHATEVER CHRIS.. ughh.." But, spesh is actually more interesting than Methods. I'd die of boredom if i did JUST methods...although I'd probably have more of a LIFE if i didn't do Spesh! Then again, it was well worth it.. I just hope my Study Score reflects that...

Despite all the "DOWNS" that Spesh brings, it was indeed rewarding, and I would definitely recommend this subject to others.

To everyone who completed the VCE Specialist Mathematics Exam today,
CONGRATULATIONS
You're a survivor!


Time to get some actual sleep, which I haven't had in about... 2 weeks.

O anxiety, please leave me alone!

No comments: